Skip to main content

Finding Your Identity Through Jesus Christ

When are you most happy? I have often asked myself this same question. life is not a smooth sailing journey, it has its twists and turns, sometimes leaving us feeling lost, confused, and utterly hopeless. 

I have had my fair share of tears, wondering if I am really good enough, or if I was a mistake, and why was I given the trials I have? I have fallen to my knees in doubt, crying out to the Lord why me? how come I was chosen to live the life I lead, and can I really endure to the end?" 

Where do we find our value? Is it in how many followers we have on Instagram, or how much money comes into our bank accounts every month? 

For many years I hid from the world, I did not know of my worth, nor did I care to. When the lord knocked upon my door, I left it locked. 

Christ will not take away all of our sorrows if we call upon him, but he will lighten the load, I once heard a quote I loved.

He may not cure the storm, but he will calm the sailer. 

We are more then just kings and queens, we are people put on earth with a purpose, and even if a person does not know what their path is, there is one, it is just a matter of discovering it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This Will Bring you True Satisfaction.

Fear, the force that constantly dictates our decisions. This power magnifies insecurity, and causes us to compare ourselves to others. There is also something else that panic leads to, something that one person triumphs at. I allowed terror to run my life, for years I would hide myself, blending in until I no longer knew who I was, letting every insecurity carve its bloody handprint into my brain until I believed every word.  We often wish for what we don't have, assuming that if we were prettier, thinner, more wealthy, or in a relationship, that then we would feel satisfied. Fear entangles our brain in a web of lies, saying that we are not enough, and if we can just achieve something else then we will be happy. This belief is deceitful, dangerous, and addicting.  I constantly battle with the false notion that because of my visual impairment, I have to make up for the difference, that I am less then others because I cannot see as they do. I tell myself that I  am only worth it that

Women of God

Women of God  What makes a woman powerful? Many have asked this question, and there have been a  spectrum of answers. One might say her beauty, or determination. Another might respond  that it is her confidence. These are all great attributes, however, they are all fleeting if the  woman does not have this one single characteristic. This quality is not obtained through her  looks, or the people she comes into contact with. It is something few women have, but  something that everyone can feel, it shines like a light in the darkness. It can lift up these  qualities, and make them eternal.  This power is her identity, the sureness of herself, not through her achievements, but through  a person who knows of her true value, a person that suffered every pain just for this single  woman. This person is Christ. Christ gives us true confidence, love and virtue, because he sees  us as we truly are. He removes all the doubts in our minds, the sufferings of the soul that  plague us to our core, he